Fleet / Hybrid
Full Time Permanent
Competitive salary depending on experience
Here at Mysoft, we’re on a mission to enable our customers to unlock their business potential via Sage X3 Enterprise Resource Planning software. We are the longest standing Sage X3 partner in the UK with over 375 years of combined expertise in the sale, implementation, development and support of Sage X3. Helping our customers grow and evolve their business, arming them with the tools and skills to perform at their best is at the heart of what we do!
To support the success of our ambitious growth plans, we now need to grow and build on the strength of our technical team by hiring an additional Technical Consultant/Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate will already be an experienced systems administrator/engineer, and looking for a new challenge. As well as supporting the Mysoft network infrastructure, the successful job holder will also get involved in implementing and supporting our customer’s Sage X3 solutions.
Whilst prior experience in supporting Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems would be advantageous, full training in SageX3 will be provided for the right candidate. Reporting into the Development Manager, the job holder will be joining a small team of dedicated technical experts.
Key Areas of Activity
Manage and support the Mysoft network infrastructure, including;
- Firewalls, VPN, routers and Wi-Fi.
- On premise hosts and servers; Windows Server 2012 to 2022, Hyper-V and VMware (ESXI and vSphere).
- Domain Controller including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies and DHCP.
- Microsoft 365 including user management, MFA and Online Exchange.
- Remote access to the Mysoft (VPN) and our customers (various VPN platforms).
- Antivirus and network security.
- Back-Up policy and implementation.
- Disaster Recovery Plan and application.
- VM infrastructure (Hyper-V and VMware)
- Laptop / PC issues.
- SSL certificates.
- Log analysis of the Firewall, Router, Windows and M365.
- Perform internal project and general IT maintenance work as required.
- Help to develop and maintain documented procedures and standards as part of the Mysoft Business Procedures (MBPs).
Understand customer requirements, the impact this has on business and ensure they are kept well informed of job progress, taking the necessary steps to ensure the customers’ systems are not compromised. From a customer perspective the job holder will be required to:
- Analyse, design and specify customer X3 solutions.
- Install and configure Sage X3 and related third party applications including MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Crystal Reports, SMTP/Email Relay, SQL and Oracle.
- Perform customer X3 solution migrations to new versions and/or new hardware.
- Conduct database configuration and optimization including SQL and Oracle.
- Conduct Sage X3 solution performance reviews and provide advice to customers including servers, network and application optimization and security.
- Install and configure Sage X3 solution on various platforms including AWS and Azure.
- Apply patches and upgrades to Sage X3 and related third party products.
- Provide Customer support for infrastructure issues related to Sage X3, Mysoft DMC and Mysoft CloudDocs.
- Analyse cause of system outages and resolve.
- Provide pre-sales assistance, advice and recommendations.
- Assist with third party integrations including E-Commerce, EDM, EDI, WMS.
- Write detailed, clear and concise technical specifications and activity reports.
- Produce commercial estimates of work required to complete technical tasks for customers.
- Advise both Mysoft employees and customers on cyber security and implement cyber security policies for Infrastructure, Application, Network, Cloud, Data, Personnel and Email security.
- Keep up to date on the full stack of X3 technologies and vulnerabilities.
The successful job holder must be able to prioritise and organise tasks, clear quick wins and continually re-prioritise workload as new issues arise. There will also be a requirement to provide occasional out of hours support, normally conducted on a planned basis and remotely from home.
From a technical perspective, you will need the following:
- Understanding of network management and configuration so as to support Mysoft’s internal systems and offer advice to customers when required.
- Understanding of MS operating systems and Office to be able to support Mysoft’s internal systems.
- SQL administration including back-ups, log issues and scripting.
- Knowledge and experience of configuring Firewalls, Routers and WIFI. Able to investigate and diagnose issues.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft 365 including user management, MFA and Online Exchange.
- Knowledge and experience of configuring VM infrastructure (Hyper-V and VMware)
- Knowledge and experience of configuring Domain Controllers including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies and VPNs.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing and maintaining a system wide backup and disaster recovery policy.
- Knowledge and experience of Sage X3 is preferred but not essential. Full Sage X3 Systems Engineer training will be given.
In terms of personal attributes and behaviours, were looking for the following:
- Customer first problem solving skills, that meet all stakeholder needs, balancing risk and opportunity, and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Effective time management, able to identify and focus on priority tasks, quick wins and delegate or ask for help as appropriate.
- Naturally analytical and methodical.
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate clearly and concisely in an engaging manner, as well as listening and interpretation skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, able to write with clarity with excellent grammar.
- Ability to contribute ideas and best practice to improve the overall running of the business, as well as personal performance.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external customers, seen as the ‘Go-to’ person who can be relied upon.
- Team player; flexible, adaptable and willing to support, assist and coach colleagues within the team and other departments.
- Quick learner and willingness to own ongoing personal development to improve performance and knowledge base.
Working for Mysoft
Working for Mysoft you’ll get your hands on with an awesome product and join a great team of professionals who are passionate about adding value to our customer’s businesses. On offer is a competitive salary, 25 days holiday and our Employee Assistance Programme, plus the benefits a great worklife balance with hybrid working. We’re set in leafy Church Crookham (GU52 0RJ) with free car parking available.
Sound like you? Then click on Apply Now and tell us why you’d be a great fit along with your current CV.
Applicants must possess the required work permit, visa or immigration document to work in the UK on an unrestricted basis.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of your application, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.